Thursday, March 10, 2016

Life never seems to never give us a Break

     Well it has been a crazy couple of weeks and I'm sorry I haven't posted anything. As you will see with the different pictures I have posted I've been busy with life and my poor baby girl Emma.
      Emma my Basset Hound went in last week for a teeth cleaning and they found a lump on her side by a mammary gland which it was hard and being in the area it was, wasn't good so they needed to get it out. I am still waiting on the report back to what it is and if it is cancer did they get it all and what stage it is. I'm hoping it is nothing. So if you would say a few prayers for this sweetheart she deserves it.

Emma was a rescue from a backyard breeder about two years ago this month. The lady told me she had 13 litters and Emma was only 6 when we got her I ask her how many litters did Emma have and she told me 13. And that she didn't breed to make money. Did this woman think I was an idiot? Emma has a lot of hang ups but she is so much better than she was when I got her. Her story would make you cry if you read the story I wrote. And maybe someday I'll post it a little at a time so you can read what she went through.

I did make some tiny suitcases out of matchboxes that I had seen on Graphic 45 Blog.They are cute and fun to make to add in a gift bag to send to someone. 


I also made some Thinking of you cards a cople of Saturdays ago at church when we had a craft day. Had a fun afternoon with all the ladies and got a head start on my card stash.





And then I helped a friend redo our window boxes at church for Spring so as you can see I've been quit busy and concerned for my baby doggy. And here I didn't think I had done anything. I will be making a mini album for my niece for her birthday so I should have that to show you as I'm making it.
I almost forgot and had to update the Blog, yesterday I got my mail and thought I had Happy mail from my "Let the Wishing Begin" but it wasn't. I belong to a webpage called Just A Pinch and have for a few years. It is a wonderful site where you can put your recipes for other to use and you can even make your own cookbooks on it. I posted a recipe from my great aunt Gibby who was one of the bakers in the family. Who I took after. She had this this recipe of a Carrot Cake that everyone always asked her to make. Larry  he loved aunt Gibby's carrot cake. Larry and my cousin went to Indiana State together and have been long friends since then. MY aunt Gibby was a funny lady and called my mom and ask her to go to Walmart and buy the ugliest thung she could find. Aunt Gibby made two cakes one she put the thung in  and the other one she didn't. She took both cakes to Larry's office and told his secretary to give him the one first and after he cut into the first one she could give him the second one. When I saw him at aunt Gibby's funeral we talked about that and he told me that was the funniest thing ever and that he will miss my aunt Gibby's carrot cakes. So anyway I open the mail and out comes a Blue Ribbon for my aunt Gibby's carrot cake. I was so shocked. Aunt Gibby to this day still talks to me I hear her a lot. Shoot one day I was at the store to buy oil for he cake and I was going to buy the oil I always get and I heard her tell me NO I said only Wesson oil. so I put back mine and got what she said. ( I know oils are the same cause I checked mine and the wesson) The people at Just A Pinch are the ones who make the recipes and test them and then they vote on them. I take no credit for this recipe it is all my Aunt Gibby's so when I do
my recipe book I'm going to do just a page on the Carrot Cake and use the Blue ribbon on it.

Thank you all very much for visiting my Blog and we'll see ya the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment