Monday, February 15, 2016

Cross of Life

Hi to everyone and hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day.
At church we had two ladies come in and show us how to paint this cross. It is the large size canvas 11x14. They do this in different church's for fundraisers we paid $30 and that included all paint, canvas, what brushes we used and breakfast and lots off coffee. You didn't have to know how to paint to do this painting. On there painting they had painted everything flower and the white dots. I had a friend say "Teri one of your fabric flowers would like great on here" I was already thinking of how I could change the flower to something different than what they had as I didn't think like how they had painted theirs. I had also decided I was going to put flat back pearls on mine where they had painted white dots. So I finished my painting here at home and found that I didn't like any flowers I had made so I made one that would look just right on the painting. I love how it turned out. Next month I will be painting a tree on a hill, I think it signifies the amount of olives. There is also a cross on a hill with a rainbow behind it. I like the tree so I'll do it. page2image29728 page2image30584 
It is amazing how different all the paintings looked when everyone was done. So will be fun to see how these two look when done. 
I have added my finishe painting of my cross hope you like it. And ask around your area and see if any church's are doing this kind of thing. We had people there I have never seen before. It was fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment