Saturday, February 20, 2016

B is for Blessed



Well I have been hitting up the Goodwill stores and found this B letter in white, it had black marks all over it like someone took a pen to it. I knew I was going to paint it anyway so I brought it home along with this brown thing that I knew from the first look what would use it for. Ink pads. I'll never fill all the slots and not sure what it was ever used for the first time. 
I painted my letter B with acrylic paint and then sanded the edges so the white would shine through. I painted the inside of the B with a little bit lighter color turquoise. Then I added flowers that I had purchased at LA fashion District in California and a couple from the dollar tree there are also doilies and a key with the word hope, and the word joy that I got from SaCrafters. I paid $.99 for the letter B.
This letter B is heavy not sure what it is made of but the outside of this was for Formica  the countertop material. 
I hope you look for things at garage sales and thrift stores that you can use in your craftroom and around you house or even give as gifts. We have so much stuff in the world that I like trying to repurpose what we have already have.
I have added the picture of what will be my Ink pad holder of what it looks like now. I am tearing off the woodgrain contact paper off so it can be spray painted white. It came with hangers to hang on the wall not sure if I'll do that or just place it on a table up against the wall. 
Have a Blessed day and may you enjoy crafting things to cheer you and your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment